We hope you enjoy these two wonderful writing samples from Kayla and Angelita.
Depending on you
My name is Rowan. I'm known as the weak, timid little rabbit. My father died in a fire at the attic. Everyone in Rin is expecting me to follow him in his foot steps. My only friends are the graceful, droning buksha. But they are in danger right now because the water from the mountain mysteriously stopped flowing. Strong Jonn, Vall, Ellis, Bronden, Marlie, Allun and myself Rowan, have to climb the looming mountain and save the bukshahs so they can drink from their water hole again. They can't drink from our well because the water isn't sweet enough for them to drink.
When we were walking, I had a good vision of the mountain. My backpack was loaded with heavy objects. I wish the bukshah were here so they could carry the burden for us. I'm terrified and suspicious. What if we fail? What if no one makes it but me and I'll be alone and lost? I'm really not looking forward to this at all. The clouds where shrouding the looming mountain. The trees were dangling from their roots. The group and I were startled by the mountain, we presumed at the village that the journey would take one day, but now we take that comment back. We depend on the bukshah but now the bukshah depend on us.
by Kayla W
Allun the weak fellow
I am Allun part of the Rin people. I'm slender, humorous and a joker. I have curly hair, dark eyes and I am a shortie. I'm also a baker.
I have been successful in my life through the journey of being with the Rin villages. It can be difficult at times, but you got to have some toughness in yourself and that is how us Rin people survive here.
Us, sturdy villagers live around a towering, looming mountain shrouded in fluffy clouds. Our village is nestled between the mountain and hill surrounded by lush green grass, clear blue patches of water ponds, dirty stones all muddy and brown, thick forest trees with a bukshah pool. I have to say, the bukshah pool is so much work. I haven't heard the dragon roar in a while so I wonder what has happened and I really want to find out!
I am weaker then other Rin people, so I have to put more effort and try harder then others. I hope that I will be okay and I'll keep calm and stay safe. I have to venture up the mountain because we have a gushing clear blue river running down the big rocky mountain. I am worried because I have been chosen to go up the mountain. The six strongest villagers must brave to the unknown terrors of the mountain. I wonder what will happen? What if we all six don't return back safely? Or one of us gets badly injured? I am hoping for a lot of luck this time!
by Angelita K

Great work, Kayla and Angelita
ReplyDelete